Monday, October 8, 2012

B&A: Outside!



In addition to all the wonderful things that have gone on inside, some work has been done on the outside as well.

Before


I first saw The Armistead in the winter. The foliage was nice but, as you might expect, rather trim. However, I knew there was a wysteria plant around my front railing and come spring/summer, boy did it go wild! I had to prune that thing weekly. And, even then, it grew so fast, I feared if I got it, it would ensare me within. As you can see, it started to take over pretty quickly!
Front entry in winter...

and, in spring/Summer
That there in the middle is a sassafras tree, in winter. Seems docile enough.
Hydrangeas in winter - pretty docile.
Hydrangeas in summer - pretty big.


Planting table and pots from previous owner.

Sassafras trees can get pretty big, esp. with 3 trunks!

Had to take off the two side trunks. It made the yard seem about twice as big!























After

Again, as with the interior, I've gotten lots of help with the exterior. My Aunt D'Arcy has a yard for the magazines. When she came down to see the place, we had a great day at Home Depot getting some flowers for the summer to put together a container garden. Eventually, I have big plans for redoing this space, as I think there are lots of great possibilities. But, this was a great start.
Front of the house: Removed the wysteria and added a few potted flowers.
Approaching the house, without wysteria.
Potted flowers - lavender!





















Maddy loves this view!
Hydrangeas under control.



Organized planting area, with herbs.
Sitting area under the Sassafras.







Container garden of flowers. Unfortunately, I didn't get photos of them in their prime. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment