Monday, October 8, 2012

B&A: Office

As many of you know, I work a lot. And, I work from home, a lot. So, one of my "must haves" for a house was a dedicated room for an office. I wanted a room that was functional and comfortable and that, frankly, I could spend a lot of time in. So, a lot of my initial investment in furniture and accessories has been for the office. This has turned out to be a approach, as I have spent quite a bit of time in this room since moving in. Aside from curtains and another picture or two this room is done and I really love it!

Before

My office is in the small bedroom upstairs. This room is only about 9'x10', so it's rather small but a good shape and certainly sufficient for a comfortable office.




 

 

 

 

 

After

As I was in the process of doing home improvements before moving in I happened to hear that blue was the color that most promoted creativity. I have no idea whether this is really true. But, blue is a good color and I thought it would be a nice basis for the office. I looked at a number of blue/green options and painted a number of swatches on the walls. But, it was clear to everyone that this color was "it". This one color just seemed to sparkle and outshine the other options, making them look dingy and bland. It's appropriately named Sparkling Spring (Behr 730E-2) and somehow manages to look different, yet beautiful throughout the day.


I absolutely love this desk...
and the matching bookshelf!



Gave in and got the Herman Miller chair...for shorties. :)


It can get a bit stuffy on the top floor, so I put fans in all the rooms. Makes a huge difference!




Have to have a place for the kitties to sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment